Main Objective of Stellenbosch Watch
Stellenbosch Watch aims to make Stellenbosch and its surrounds a safe living, working and studying environment for its law-abiding residents and visitors.
We involve local policing, safety and security institutions as well as the residents.
We do this by:
- Appointing service providers to provide security services.
- Co-operating and co-ordinating with "neighbourhood watch" groups patrolling the Area.
- Initiating and participating in safety awareness and crime prevention programmes.
- Facilitating an open dialogue with the public regarding issues of safety, crime prevention and the like and
- Fostering good relationships and co-ordination with all local security bodies and organisations in the area, including the South African Police Service (SAPS), Municipal Law & Order and the Campus Security of the Stellenbosch University.
Stellenbosch Watch control room serves as the central communication base for the Stellenbosch Safety Initiative (SSI). The SSI is a partnership between SAPS, the Stellenbosch Municipality (Law Enforcement, Stellenbosch traffic and the fire brigade), the University of Stellenbosch (Campus Security) and private security companies